The purpose of this grant is to assist people with Cerebral Palsy to obtain items of services that mitigate the effects of living with Cerebral Palsy. Grants should assist a person’s independence and / or quality of life, or in the case of a child, also that of the parents, / family.
Grants for Individuals
Guidelines for Individuals:
- Applications can be made at anytime.
- Grants are available to members resident in NZ having NZ citizenship or permanent residency.
- The recipient/beneficiary of the grant must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society and have a membership number. CLICK HERE to become a member.
- Priority will be given to members with tenure
- For items normally funded by the Government, applicants are expected to try there first. If the Government declines the application a member may then apply to the Society.
- No retrospective funding will normally be considered.
- Please provide two letters of support- one from a family member or close friend who knows your circumstances.
- Grants will NOT be considered for cars, holidays, surgery-related costs and DMO suits.
- Applications received on or before the last Friday of the month will be considered in the first 10 days of the next month.
- Notification as to the outcome of the application will be by the middle of the month.
- The Grants Committees decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Note: All grants are considered by the Grants Committee. However, grants over $1500 will be subjected to scrutiny
How to Apply
- Fill it in and post it to:
Cerebral Palsy Society of New Zealand
PO Box 24759
- The Grants Committee does not meet during the month of January.
- If applying for something, the value of which is less than $200, please read the information on the getThis&That programme, as this programme may be the best route to get what you want. for getThis&That information CLICK HERE
Please note: The files are formatted as PDF file. To view and download it, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you don't already have Acrobat Reader, CLICK HERE to download the latest version.